Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 2½ hours
- Serves: 10
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup good bourbon
- 1⅓ cups chocolate chips
- 2½ cups pecan pieces
- pastry dough for 9-inch pie (commercial or your own)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat eggs until yellow and creamy, in a large bowl.
- Whisk in half-and-half, sugar, and syrup, until smooth.
- Stir in bourbon, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Oil a spring-form pan lightly.
- Roll out the pastry dough and press it into a pan, pressing out any air bubbles.
- Pour mixture into oiled spring-form pan.
- Put pie on a baking sheet with a raised edge or border.
- Bake until only the center is sightly jiggly, about 2 hours. Do not unmold pie until it is absolutely cooled—at least an hour later.