Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4 to 6 people
- oil for frying
Orange sugar Edit
- zest from 2 oranges
- Combine milk, sugar and yeast in a mixing bowl and let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature, covered.
- Whisk in the flour and allow this to sit tor 30 to 40 minutes, covered.
- The starter will rise and double in volume
- Put the starter into the bowl of a mixer with a dough hook and add the flour and salt.
- Mix on low speed for 3 minutes and then add the eggs one at a time to form dough.
- Increase the speed to medium and add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Allow this to mix on medium high for 12 minutes until a smooth and shiny ball has formed.
- Lightly cover with oil and leave covered in a bowl for a couple hours at room temperature to rise.
- Punch the dough down and lightly flour a work surface to roll out the dough to a thickness of ¼ Inch.
- Cut out 1½ inch circles of dough and place on a clean sheet tray. If not using right away, these may be stored in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to cook, place a ½ oz piece of chocolate in the middle of 8 circles and lightly brush the edges of the circles with water.
- Top each circle with another dough circle and lightly press together.
- Fry at 350°F, turning beignets while cooking until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Allow to cool slightly and dust with orange sugar.