This recipe is by Tina from Just Putzing Blog. Enjoy! It is based on the show 2 Broke Girls.
- 1 cup Guinness
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 strips bacon
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 8oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp candied bacon drippings
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a pot or large sauce pan, simmer the beer and butter on medium until butter is completely melted.
- Add cocoa powder and chocolate chips and stir until your mixture smooth. Take off heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir eggs and yogurt together until smooth. Slowly add chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spoon your batter into your lined muffin cups, about ½ (or just a little bit over) full.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Turn oven up to 375, and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay your bacon strips across a baking rack and place the rack on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, brush each strip of bacon with a layer of maple syrup.
- Bake for 10 minutes, basting strips again about half way into that time.
- Flip your strips over, baste, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Baste your bacon one last time, and stick them back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While your cupcakes and bacon strips are cooling, start making your frosting. In a large bowl, beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth and well-incorporated.
- Add powdered sugar, maple syrup and bacon grease. Mix until smooth. (Add more powdered sugar, as necessary, to achieve desired consistency.)
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag, and frost each cupcake.
- Slice one piece of bacon into 1-inch strips and press one piece into each frosted cupcake.
- Crumble/chop up the rest of the candied bacon and sprinkle them on top of the cupcakes.
- Enjoy immediately, with a big glass of milk.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.