This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups all purpose flour unsifted
- 1⅓ cups substitute sugar equivalent
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 3 bananas thoroughly ripe
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar substitute, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda then place in mixing bowl of electric mixer then add eggs, oil and bananas.
- Blend well on medium speed for about 2 minutes then stir in nuts that have been dredged in flour.
- Pour into well greased and floured loaf pan then bake 45 minutes then set on wire rack to cool 15 minutes.
- Turn out and cool completely.