Sheri Konopko Edit
- 1¼ cup sugar, (domino)
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2¼ cup almonds, sliced, blanched
- 7 oz unsweetened chocolate
- Line the bottom of 9 inch spring-form pan with wax paper; grease paper.
- With blender; mix sugar and margarine, until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks.
- In a food processor, process almonds and chocolate until finely ground.
- Stir into sugar mixture.
- In separate bowl beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Mix ⅓ whites into batter.
- Gently fold in remaining whites.
- Spread batter into pan, smoothing top.
- Bake about 1 ½ hours,until top springs back.
- Cool for 10 min before releasing.