Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
10 to 12 servings.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup Sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup Ground blanched almonds
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- cherry FILLING (recipe follows)
- chocolate GLAZE (recipe follows)
- sliced almonds, maraschino cherries or Candied cherries, halved
- Heat oven to 375 °F.
- Grease bottoms of three 8-inch round baking pans.
- Line bottoms with wax paper; grease paper.
- Beat egg yolks on medium speed of mixer 3 minutes in medium bowl.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup Sugar; continue beating 2 minutes.
- Stir together almonds, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add alternately with water to egg yolk mixture, beating on low speed just until blended.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extract.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl until foamy; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup Sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold small amount beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture; gently fold chocolate mixture into into remaining whites just until blended.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare Cherry FILLING.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate; spread half of filling over top.
- Repeat, ending with plain layer on top.
- Prepare chocolate GLAZE; spread on top of cake, allowing glaze to run down sides.
- Garnish with almonds and cherry halves.
- Refrigerate until glaze is set.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover torte.
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) cold whipping cream,
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar,
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kirsch (cherry brandy) or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract,
- 1/3 cup chopped red Candied cherries
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine,
- 2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S cocoa,
- 2 tablespoons water,
- 1 cup powdered sugar,
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat; add cocoa and water, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating with whisk until smooth and of spreading consistency.
- Add additional water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, if needed.
- About 3/4 cup glaze.