This Pennsylvania-style fudge is made, mixed and packed with real cream cheese, grated coconuts, and vanilla, and is great for dessert, as it delivers a glorious, bold aroma that relishes and enhances with chocolate while cold to eat. You can make this with honey, yogurt, and fruits in a fudge, while the effort and flavor are worth it.
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 3 ⅓ cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 1 x 1 oz. square unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and cream it until soft and smooth.
- Slowly blend the sugar into it. Add the shredded coconut. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla and salt and mix until well blended.
- Press into a well greased shallow pan. Place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Spread the chocolate on the fudge and score the chocolate into squares.
- Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
- Cut into squares following the scored pattern. Serve cold and plain or with other desserts.