- 2 pint baskets California strawberries
- ½ cup each semisweet, milk and white chocolate chips
- finely chopped toasted almonds or pistachios (optional)
These chocolate covered strawberries are perfect for munching or for celebrating Valentine's Day. Enjoy!
- Line large baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Rinse strawberries and pat dry with paper towels.
- In separate small, microwave-safe bowls (such as custard cups) melt chocolates, one at a time, in microwave at 50-percent (medium) power, allowing 1½ to 2 minutes each. OR You can melt the chocolate in a double boiler (put a heat-safe bowl over a pot of boiling water).
- Stir until smooth (if not completely melted, microwave a few seconds longer) or, melt chocolate as package directs.
- Holding strawberry by stem end, dip into chocolate to cover about three-fourths of berry; dip into nuts, if desired, and lay on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining strawberries, chocolate and nuts.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- Makes about 8 servings (3 strawberries per serving).
For Double- and Triple- Dipped strawberries Edit
- After first coating of chocolate is set, dip into contrasting chocolate, leaving part of the first chocolate exposed.
- Repeat with third chocolate, if you wish, allowing each layer to set between dips.
To Drizzle strawberries with chocolate Edit
- Microwave chocolate in small plastic bag until melted; squeeze into one corner of bag.
- Lay strawberries close together on baking sheet.
- With scissors, cut a small hole in corner of bag, and move back and forth over strawberries, squeezing bag gently. Or, drizzle contrasting chocolate over strawberries that have been dipped. Refrigerate until set.
- Microwave melting times vary with amount of chocolate and wattage of your oven.
- Chocolate amounts are approximate; amount needed depends on size of strawberries, and whether or not they are single, double, triple-dipped or drizzled.
Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries Videos Edit