Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 3 dozen
- 14 oz pkg flaked coconut
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 8 squares semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- Mix first 4 ingredients in bowl.
- Stir in egg whites and almond extract until blended.
- Drop by tablespoonsful onto greased and floured cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown.
- Dip cookies halfway into melted chocolate.
- Let stand at room temp on wax paper lined tray until chocolate is firm.