Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These are dates with an almond stuck inside them and dipped in chocolate and then one end dipped in chopped almonds which makes them look like acorns. Yummy.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 40 candies
- ¾ cup shelled whole natural almonds
- 10 oz container whole pitted dates
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- 6 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Toast almonds on baking sheet 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cool slightly.
- Line second baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Stuff each date with an almond.
- Finely chop remaining almonds.
- Melt semisweet chocolate and 1 tsp oil in microwave bowl in microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth.
- Dip half the dates into semisweet chocolate.
- Place on wax paper lined sheet.
- Melt milk chocolate and remaining oil as above.
- Dip remaining dates.
- Chill all dates until firm.
- Remove dates from refrigerator.
- Remelt chocolates.
- Dip end in different chocolate, then in ground almonds.
- Set on wax paper.
- Chill until firm.