Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 8 to 10 servings.
- Note: If desired, increase fruit to 2 cups, arrange 1 cup between layers; remainder on top.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch round baking pans.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat with spoon or whisk until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Place one layer on serving plate; spread 1 cup whipped topping over top of layer.
- Top with second layer and remaining topping.
- Before serving, arrange sliced sweetened strawberries or fruit, well drained, on top of torte.