- 1 pckg (10 oz) frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed OR 1 cup sweetened sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 Envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S MINI CHIPS semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (1/2 pt) cold whipping cream
- strawberry cream (recipe follows)
- Fresh strawberries (optional)
- Lightly oil 5- or 6- cup mold; set aside.
- Drain strawberries; reserve syrup.
- Add water to syrup to equal 3/4 cup.
- Sprinkle gelatin over liquid; set aside.
- Refrigerate drained Berries.
- Stir together Sugar, small chocolate chips and 1/2 cup milk in medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and very hot.
- Add gelatin mixture, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining milk and vanilla.
- Pour into large bowl; refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds when dropped from spoon.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff; fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared mold; refrigerate until firm.
- Unmold; garnish with strawberry cream and fresh strawberries, if desired.
Strawberry cream Edit
- Mash or puree reserved strawberries from Bavarian cream recipe to equal 1/2 cup.
- Beat 1cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream amd 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until stiff.
- Fold in strawberry puree and 2 to 3 drops red food color.
- About 2 cups topping.