Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chirmol salsa is a national favorite in Guatemala. The word "chirmol" means "smashed tomatoes."
- 3 x scallions
- 12 med -size vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 x cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbl olive oil
- 1 x lime, juice only
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 x jalapeño, seeded and minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill scallions and chop.
- Grill tomatoes whole until soft; grill corn. (You may do the grilling by any method; it may be done ahead of time unless you wish to serve the salsa hot.)
- Combine tomatoes, scallions and garlic in a bowl and "smash," i.e. break up, tomatoes.
- Add olive oil, lime juice, grilled corn kernels, cilantro, jalapeño and salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or cold over striped bass, Swordfish or other white .