Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chipotle Orange Sweet Potatoes from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 8
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (you will be using 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce in the recipe)
- juice of 1 orange
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Bake sweet potatoes directly on oven racks for 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove potatoes from oven, slice in quarters.
- Carefully slide the potato skins off and discard (careful—the potatoes are very hot!)
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and mash.
- Add 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce to the potatoes and blend thoroughly (if your tongue can take it and you want a more fiery and spicier dish, mix some chopped chipotle peppers into the potatoes).
- Add the orange juice and salt.
- Mix until blended.