Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chipotle Chicken Soup from the Public Health Cookbook—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Serves: 3
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 x 14½ oz can of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped (or 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook onion and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat about 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth, chipotle peppers, sugar and salt.
- Bring to boiling then reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add tomatoes and cilantro.