Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is from epicurious and it's simply fabulous! Super easy as it starts with a store bought cooked chicken. by Annacia
- © 2007 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Recipe makes 6 servings
- 1 (2 lb) rotisserie-cooked chicken, at room temperature
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro stems
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle chiles in adobo (to taste)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 firm-ripe California avocados, halved, pitted, and left unpeeled
- 3 ounces corn chips, such as Fritos corn chips (1½ cups)
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, separated into leaves
- Remove chicken from bone in large chunks, with some skin if desired, and toss together with onion and black beans in a large bowl.
- Purée cilantro, chipotles, oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a blender, then add to chicken mixture.
- Cut avocado into ½-inch cubes, without cutting through peel.
- Toss chicken mixture with chips.
- Scoop avocado into chicken mixture with a spoon.
- Serve salad on romaine leaves.
Nutritional information Edit
Calculated for 1 serving (281g) not including chipotle chiles in adobo:
- Calories 447 | Calories from Fat 299 (67%) | Total Fat 33.3g 51% (Saturated Fat 5.7g 28%, Polyunsat. Fat 6.2g, Monounsat. Fat 18.7g, Trans Fat 0.1g) | Cholesterol 52 mg 17% | Sodium 441 mg 18% | Potassium 754 mg 21% | Total Carbohydrate 20.6g 6% (Dietary Fiber 7.3g 29%, Sugars 2.6g) | Protein 19.8g 39% | Vitamin A 6336mcg 126% | Vitamin B6 0.5 mg 26% | Vitamin B12 0.2mcg 3% | Vitamin C 35 mg 59% | Vitamin E 3mcg 10% | Calcium 82 mg 8% | Magnesium 60 mg 15% | Iron 2 mg 13% | Alcohol 0.0g | Caffeine 0.0 mg