This is from epicurious and it's simply fabulous! Super easy as it starts with a store bought cooked chicken. by Annacia
- © 2007 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Recipe makes 6 servings
- 1 (2 lb) rotisserie-cooked chicken, at room temperature
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro stems
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle chiles in adobo (to taste)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 firm-ripe California avocados, halved, pitted, and left unpeeled
- 3 ounces corn chips, such as Fritos corn chips (1½ cups)
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, separated into leaves
- Remove chicken from bone in large chunks, with some skin if desired, and toss together with onion and black beans in a large bowl.
- Purée cilantro, chipotles, oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a blender, then add to chicken mixture.
- Cut avocado into ½-inch cubes, without cutting through peel.
- Toss chicken mixture with chips.
- Scoop avocado into chicken mixture with a spoon.
- Serve salad on romaine leaves.
Nutritional information Edit
Calculated for 1 serving (281g) not including chipotle chiles in adobo:
- Calories 447 | Calories from Fat 299 (67%) | Total Fat 33.3g 51% (Saturated Fat 5.7g 28%, Polyunsat. Fat 6.2g, Monounsat. Fat 18.7g, Trans Fat 0.1g) | Cholesterol 52 mg 17% | Sodium 441 mg 18% | Potassium 754 mg 21% | Total Carbohydrate 20.6g 6% (Dietary Fiber 7.3g 29%, Sugars 2.6g) | Protein 19.8g 39% | Vitamin A 6336mcg 126% | Vitamin B6 0.5 mg 26% | Vitamin B12 0.2mcg 3% | Vitamin C 35 mg 59% | Vitamin E 3mcg 10% | Calcium 82 mg 8% | Magnesium 60 mg 15% | Iron 2 mg 13% | Alcohol 0.0g | Caffeine 0.0 mg