- For the filling, combine finely diced (or minced) meat with chopped onions and fat, salt and spices.
- To make dough, add water, salt and egg to sifted flour, let stand for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Cut dough into 20g (7/10 oz) pieces and roll out each piece into small flat rounds.
- Place a spoonful of filling (40g or 1½ oz) in the center, pinch edges up around the filling forming a ball and completely enclosing the meat.
- Join the sides of two samsa together and coat with beaten egg.
- Place on a greased pan and bake 25 – 30 minutes.