Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Chinese Steamed bun recipe has a meat and vegetable filling. The filling is best if allowed to rest in the refrigerator overnight. Use meat that is half fat and half flesh for the most tender filling. A wok equipped with a stainless steel steam plate, a plate with holes to allow steam to pass, is required to make these tasty buns.
- Original recipe yield: 24 steamed buns.
- 8 ounces chopped pork
- 1 (4 ounce) can shrimp, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2½ tablespoons water