Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 servings.
- 1¾ quarts cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, separated
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour, salt, mustard and paprika.
- Add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
- Add cheese and cook until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Stir into rice.
- Beat egg yolks until well blended. Stir into rice mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Stir about ½ cup beaten whites into rice mixture. Mix well.
- Fold remaining whites into mixture.
- Pour into baking pan (10x12x2-inches), greased on bottom only.
- Bake at 325 °F for 1 hour or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cut into 3x3-inch pieces.