- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 6 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 6 tbsp sesame paste (ground sesame seeds)
- ½ cup dark sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sherry or any wine of your choice
- 4 tsp white vinegar
- ¼ cup honey or sugar syrup
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- ½ cup hot water
Garnish (all are optional, depending on your taste) Edit
- 1 carrot, peeled, julienned
- ½ firm medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and julienned
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Boil noodles in large pot of unsalted water over medium heat until barely tender and still firm.
- Drain immediately and rinse with cold water until cold.
- Drain well and toss noodles with (2 tbsp) dark sesame oil so they don't stick together.
- For dressing, combine all ingredients except hot water in a blender or food processor fitted with steel blade and blend until smooth.
- Thin with hot water to consistency of whipping cream.
- For garnish, put carrot julienne in ice water for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss noodles with sauce.
- Garnish with cucumber, peanuts, green onion, and carrot.
- Serve at room temperature.