Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This homestyle Chinese dish is spicy, savory and easy to prepare. It's the ultimate comfort food and a childhood favorite for those of us who grew up in Chinese households. Feel free to make it your own by adding vegetables or other ingredients. My grandmother, for example, used to add peas and tomatoes.
- 2 tbsp oil, for sautéing
- 1 tbsp black bean garlic sauce (see notes)
- 1 tsp red chile paste with garlic
- ¼ lbs ground pork
- 1 pack fresh tofu (any firmness), cubed
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- salt, to taste
- In a wok or deep skillet, place oil, black bean sauce, red chili sauce with garlic and ground Pork.
- Turn heat on high; gradually combine the sauces and meat as the heat increases.
- When meat is browned and cooked through, turn heat to medium and add cubed tofu and 1/4 cup water.
- Mix gently and continue to simmer for 5 – 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until well blended and tofu is heated through.
- Add green onion and toss.
- Add salt to taste.
- Presentation: Serve hot accompanied with cooked white rice.
Cook's notes Edit
Black bean garlic sauce and red chile paste with garlic are available at Asian markets and some supermarkets with large Asian specialty sections. Chile bean paste can be substituted for the black bean garlic sauce and red chile paste.