Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 4 to 6
- 4 ounces rice sticks
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- preserved red ginger, chopped
- ½ cup sesame oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon pepper oil (optional)
- 2 to 4 cups oil for deep frying
- Deep-fry rice sticks quickly, a few at a time in very hot oil until they puff, about 1 second.
- Drain. Remove.
- Rub chicken with soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Place in shallow pan.
- Roast 45 minutes in 350 °F oven.
- When chicken is cool, discard skin and bones and break meat apart with hands into shreds. Do not cut.
- Combine first 3 ingredients of sauce in serving bowl. Mix well.
- Add scallions, and the pepper oil if using (this will make the sauce spicy).
- Add lettuce and chicken. Toss well.
- Arrange rice sticks on top. Garnish with preserved red ginger.
- Serve cold. Add toasted sesame seeds and thin almonds to taste.