Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 kg chicken - cut up into serving sizes
- 1 tbsp cooking wine
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 4 green onions - cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 slices ginger root
- 2 small egg yolks
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- oil for frying
- Mix the cooking wine, salt, sugar, soy sauce, green onions, and ginger in a bowl.
- Add in the chicken, mix well and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Before frying, you may remove the ginger and green onions if preferred.
- Add the egg yolks and mix.
- Add the cornstarch, mix well.
- Deep fry in oil (medium heat) for about 6 – 7 minutes or until cooked and the outside is crispy.