Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 green peppers
- 2 eggs, separated
- 9 oz (250 g) lean boneless pork
- 2 tsp flour
- ½ tsp scallions, chopped
- ½ tsp cornstarch (cornflour)
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp spiced pepper-salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp msg (optional)
- ¼ tsp five-spice powder
- Wash, halve length-wise, and seed the green peppers.
- Cut each half into two triangles and dry well.
- Set aside.
- For the filling, mince the pork and mix it with the scallions, ginger, salt, soy sauce, five-spice powder, msg (optional), and half the egg white.
- Beat the rest of the egg whites with the yolks and mix with the flour, cornstarch and enough water to make a thick batter.
- Fill the inside of each piece of pepper with the filling level to edges and coat the filled side with flour.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat to 350°F (175°C) or until a piece of scallion green or ginger sizzles and moves about rapidly when tossed into the oil.
- Dip the filled side of each piece of pepper into the egg batter and then drop it into the oil, filled side down.
- Deep-fry until the coating is golden brown, then remove, drain well, and place in a dish, sprinkle with the pepper-salt and serve.