Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin Steak, or boneless top round, cut into thin strips
- 2/3 cup beef stock
- 2/3 cup green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2/3 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cola type soda pop
- 1-1/4 ripe tomatoes, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Sauté meat 5–7 minutes, stirring occasionally until brown. Stir in stock.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- Stir in next 3 ingredients and 1/2 cup soda.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Gently stir tomato wedges into meat.
- Combine cornstarch, remaining soda and soy sauce in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously.
- Stir mixture into meat and cook about 1 minute, or until thickened.
- Serve over hot rice.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.