Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Try this delicious chicken recipe provided by Dlife's Chef Becker.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Servings: 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and lightly pounded
- 1 head broccoli, cut up
- 3 tbsp ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp safflower oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup dehydrated shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms in a bowl of warm water til pliable and soft, 20 minutes.
- Remove them straining the soaking water through a sieve or cheese cloth and reserving.
- Slice up the mushrooms and reserve.
- Slice up the chicken into thin pieces and coat with * 1 tbsp soy sauce, the sesame oil, and 2 tbsp cornstarch.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a heated wok or large saute pan, add the safflower oil and briefly fry the chicken strips.
- Add the ginger and garlic and toss together coating evenly.
- Add the broccoli and ½ of the shiitake water to the pan and cover steaming for 5 minutes until the broccoli is cooked.
- Add the scallions and remaining soy sauce to the pan and cook 1 minute longer.
- The resulting dish is one that is high in flavor and low in carbohydrates.
- For all intent and purposes, the cornstarch can be omitted resulting in a broth as opposed to a sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
- 244 Calories(19% of Calories From Fat) | 5g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 79mg Calcium, 3mng Iron | 746mg Potassium | 32g Protein | 69mg Cholesterol | 1305mg Sodium | 17g Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber
- Dietary Exchanges: trace starch/bread | 2 vegetables | 4 lean meat | ½ fat