Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Chinese culture, noodles symbolize longevity and are often served at New Year celebrations and traditionally left very long.
- 1 x 3½ to 4 pound chicken
- 8 thin slices fresh gingerroot
- 1 bunch scallions, cut crosswise into thirds
- 10 cups water
- ¾ cup Chinese rice wine or medium-dry sherry
- 2 ounces dried rice-stick noodles (rice vermicelli)
- ½ pound fresh spinach, coarse stems discarded and leaves washed, drained, and chopped coarse (about 4 packed cups)
- ¾ cup thinly sliced fresh garlic chives or regular fresh chives