- 4 large sweet red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped, cooked chicken breast (skinned before cooking)
- ½ cup frozen English peas, thawed
- 1 tbsp + 1½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh gingerroot
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup cooked regular rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅛ tbsp salt
- Cut a ½" thick slice from the side of each pepper, reserving slices; remove seeds.
- Place peppers in boiling water, boil 5 minutes.
- Drain, set aside.
- Coat a large skillet or wok with PAM; add sesame oil, and place over med heat until hot.
- Add garlic and gingerroot; stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add carrots and green onions; stir fry 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chicken and remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Spoon ¾ cup mixture into each reserved pepper.
- Top with reserved pepper slices.
- Arrange peppers, cut side up, in a 10x6x2" baking dish.
- Cover and bake 350°F for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Nutritional information Edit
- 231 calories | 16.4g protein | 6.7g fat | 25.7 carbohydrates | 98g cholesterol | 3.1mg iron | 366mg sodium | 37mg calcium