Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce, regular or lite
- 3/4 cup hoi sin sauce
- 6 tbsp oyster sauce
- 6 tbsp sherry wine or beer
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, firmly packed
- 9 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp five spice seasoning
- 11 lbs tofu, firm or extra firm
- soy oil as needed
- sesame noodles
- 2 lbs Chinese egg noodles
- water as needed
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp soy sauce, regular or lite
- 6 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots, bias cut
- 18 green onion tops, chopped
- 8 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- garnishes: green onion brushes, carrot curls, cucumber fans
- Combine soy sauce, hoi sin sauce, oyster sauce, sherry or beer, brown sugar, garlic and five spice for marinade. Set aside.
- Slice each 10-ounce brick of tofu into eight ½ -inch portions. Dry thoroughly between several layers of paper towels.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and brown tofu on both sides using a small amount of oil.
- Remove from skillet. Cool slightly.
- Cover with Chinese Barbecue Sauce and marinate 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Charbroil tofu over hot coals until browned on both sides. Baste tofu several times.
- Cook egg noodles in simmering water 2 to 4 minutes or to al dente state. Drain and cold shock to stop cooking. Drain well.
- Season with soy sauce, Sugar and sesame oil.
- Toss with assorted vegetables.
- Serve noodles at room temperature with barbecued tofu. Garnish with Onion brushes, carrot curls and cucumber fans, if desired.
Recipe from United Soybean Board