Makes 30 - 35 cookies.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1/4 pound whole, blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, mix the flour, Sugar, butter, salt and baking soda until it forms little balls.
- Add the eggs and almond extract.
- Roll out the dough on floured surface.
- Cut with 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and place an almond in center of each cookie.
- Bake for 25 minutes.