Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves 4 to 6.
- 4 (3-inch square) pieces tofu
- 4 cups oil
- 3 ounces ground pork
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon hot bean paste
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup soup stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- chopped green onions (for garnish)
- Cut tofu into 1½-inch square pieces, then cut each piece into 2 triangles. Pat dry.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet.
- Fry tofu until golden brown.
- Remove tofu from pan and remove oil, leaving only 2 tablespoons.
- Add ground pork to skillet; fry until pink is gone.
- Add bean paste, garlic and ginger.
- Add soup stock, then add browned tofu.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and sugar; bring to a low boil.
- Make a paste of cornstarch and water; add to mixture and stir until thickened.
- Serve garnished with green onions.