Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serve as a meal for 4 or as part of a banquet for 4–6. Only use the freshest eggs for this. By scrambling the eggs first, you retain the very best qualities of the eggs – fluffy, light texture and vibrant yellow hue. This is delicious served with some freshly sliced chilli.
- 6 free-range eggs
- ⅔ cup finely sliced spring onions (scallions)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely diced ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 4 cups steamed rice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, extra
- 1⅓ cups finely shredded Chinese cabbage leaves
- Place eggs in a bowl with spring onions, soy sauce and ginger and lightly beat with a fork to combine.
- Heat oil in a hot wok until surface seems to shimmer slightly.
- Add onion and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour in egg mixture and leave to cook for 10 seconds before folding egg mixture over onto itself with a spatula and lightly scrambling for about 1½ minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Add rice and extra soy sauce and stir-fry for about 1½ minutes, using a spatula to break up the egg into smaller pieces.
- Lastly, toss in cabbage and stir-fry for 20 seconds or until well combined and rice is heated through.
- Transfer rice to a platter and serve.