Makes 4 servings
- ⅖ lbs to 2lb chicken pieces, meaty breast halves, thighs or drumsticks
- ½ cup water
- ½ tbsp dry sherry
- ½ tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ⅕ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp water
- ¼ tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup celery, bias-sliced ¼"thick
- 1 green onion, cut into 1"-pieces
- ⅓ cup hot cooked rice
- Remove skin from chicken.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Spray a cold large skillet with nonstick coating.
- Preheat the skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken pieces on all sides in hot skillet.
- Add ¾ cup water, sherry, soy sauce, and garlic powder.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered for 35 to 40 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- For sauce, stir together the 2 tablespoon water and the cornstarch; set aside.
- Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until celery is crisp and tender.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Serve chicken and sauce with hot cooked rice.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchange per serving: 3 lean meat exchanges + 1 starch/bread exchange