This nutrient-dense, fiber-rich side dish comes together quickly, so it saves you time in the kitchen. This Asian-inspired creation tastes great with grilled meat or seafood. Ordinary broccoli springs to life with this garlicky lemon-soy dressing. Serve it with any Asian-flavored dish or even a simple grilled chicken or shrimp skewer.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The South Beach Diet Quick & Easy Cookbook Phase 1
- Prep time: 10 minutes | Start to finish: 8 minutes
- Serves 2 (1-cup servings)
- ½ tbsp + ½ tsp canola oil
- ½ (1½-pound) head broccoli, cut into florets (3 cups)
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large wok or high-sided skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, garlic, and lemon juice; continue to stir-fry until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
- 80 Calories | 5g Total fat (0g Saturated fat) | 4g Protein | 7g Carbs | 3g Fiber | 300mg Sodium