- 6 packs or bunches roselle leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp powder
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 5 dried chile or 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 4 large or 8 small cloves of garlic
- 2 medium size onion
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 5 ticals shredded bamboo shoots
- 5 green chile
- Pound the chile, onion and 2 cloves of garlic until mixture becomes a paste.
- You may also put them in a blender and blend at high speed.
- Set aside.
- Peel remaining garlic.
- In a bowl, combine dried shrimp powder and peeled garlic.
- Remove the roselle leaves from the stem packs and wash leaves in cold water.
- Wash bamboo shoots and cut into 1-inch lengths.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat oil.
- Put turmeric, onion, garlic, chile paste and stir.
- When the mixture turns golden brown, add roselle leaves and stir briefly.
- Mix shrimp paste with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Add this to the wok or pan and stir well.
- Next, add the bamboo shoots.
- Add shrimp powder and stir.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until leaves become dry.
- Top with the green chile and let it cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve hot.