Chimichurri Chicken Strips Lemony, garlicky and lots of parsley! This is a delicious marinade that is typically used on beef, but its flavors make it outstanding on chicken or seafood. Grilling really brings out the true flavor, but a quick turn in a skillet on the stovetop works, too! Prep time includes marinating.
- 2 – 3 servings
- 4 hours 30 minutes (4 hrs 15 mins prep)
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1 cup minced parsley (about ½ "bunch")
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a plastic zipper bag.
- Marinate chicken strips for at least 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard remaining marinade.
- Chicken is best if grilled (perfect threaded on a skewer), but can be pan-fried until very brown for about 5 minutes per "side" or until thoroughly cooked.