Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Red Snapper filets (fresh or thawed in the refrigerator).
- 1 teaspoonful of ground garlic for every 4 filets
- olive oil or any frying oil
- green peppers and onions, sliced
- lemon or lime slices
- Add just enough oil to lightly cover the bottom of a shallow frying pan. Keep the oil handy to add more as needed.
- Warm the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground garlic and stir-fry for around a minute.
- Add the filets. Place the slices of Onion and peppers on top of the filets. Let the filets cook no more than four minutes. Lower the heat to medium. Cover the frying pan and allow to cook another two or three minutes.
- Remove the cover carefully. There may be condensed water or steam in the underside of the cover. Brush the onions and peppers off the filets and into the sides of the frying pan. Carefully turn the filets over. Place the Onion and pepper slices on top of the filets again. If necessary, add some more oil, again just barely enough to coat the bottom of the frying pan.
- If your filets are very thick, they may need another four minutes, covered. For thinner filets, let them cook uncovered until any liquid evaporates. Remove the filets and serve them covered with the onions and peppers, garnished with a slice of lime or lemon.
- A nice gravy for the filets is obtained by slowly mixing one teaspoonful of cornstarch and a pinch of salt into one-third cup of warm milk or cream, and then gradually adding the mixture to the frying pan which still contains the remnants of the cooking oil and garlic, stirring continuously to avoid lumping. If necessary, add oil, butter or margarine. As the mixture approaches its boiling point or becomes bubbly, it gradually turns golden. Cook until it meets your standards for consistency and color.
- Serve with stewed vegetables.
- A nice salad to accompany this dish, if the ingredients are available in your area, would consist of slices of ripe avocado, with oranges and grapefruit in chunks, on a bed of fresh lettuce, bathed in lime juice.