Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 fresh green chile seeded and, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 15 ounce Can red kidney beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt to Taste
- thin slivers fresh red and green chilies
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add garlic, onion, green chile and chili powder and cook gently for 4 minutes.
- Drain kidney beans, reserving juice. Reserve 3 tablespoons of beans; Process remainder in a blender or food processor to a purée.
- Add to onion mixture and stir in 2 tablespoons of reserved bean liquid; Mix well.
- Stir in reserved beans and cheese.
- Cook gently about 2 minutes, stirring, until cheese melts.
- Add salt and mix well. If mixture becomes too thick, add a little more of the reserved bean liquid.
- Spoon into a serving dish and garnish with chilies and parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.