Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 fresh green chile seeded and, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 15 ounce Can red kidney beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt to Taste
- thin slivers fresh red and green chilies
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add garlic, onion, green chile and chili powder and cook gently for 4 minutes.
- Drain kidney beans, reserving juice. Reserve 3 tablespoons of beans; Process remainder in a blender or food processor to a purée.
- Add to onion mixture and stir in 2 tablespoons of reserved bean liquid; Mix well.
- Stir in reserved beans and cheese.
- Cook gently about 2 minutes, stirring, until cheese melts.
- Add salt and mix well. If mixture becomes too thick, add a little more of the reserved bean liquid.
- Spoon into a serving dish and garnish with chilies and parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.