Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes about six servings
- 2 qt water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stalk cinnamon crushed
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 10 cups pitted and sliced red plums about 5½ lbs
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 cup dry red wine chilled
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- thinly sliced plums for garnish
- In large non-aluminum soup pot, combine first five ingredients.
- Bring to boil; add plums.
- Simmer 30 minutes; strain through fine sieve.
- Discard solids.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water to make slurry (thin paste).
- Beat slurry into hot soup, stirring constantly.
- Continuing to stir, bring soup back to boil, them remove from heat.
- Just before serving, stir in wine.
- Top each serving with spoonful of whipped cream, thinly sliced plums.