- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 lb dried lentils, cleaned
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot, bring the water and salt to a boil; add the lentils, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender but not overcooked; drain.
- In a colander, rinse the cooked lentils under cold water until slightly cool, then place them in a bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients; pour over the lentils and combine well.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours and serve cold.