- 450 g rhubarb; cleaned and cut into 2.5 cm (1") pieces
- 500 ml water
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 piece fresh ginger; chopped
- grated zest and juice of 3 oranges
- Place the rhubarb in a saucepan with the water and sugar, add the cinnamon sticks and ginger and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, or until the rhubarb is tender.
- Strain the rhubarb and set aside.
- Boil the cooking liquid to reduce until very syrupy.
- Add the orange zest and juice.
- Pour over the rhubarb and chill well before serving.