Who doesn't enjoy capping off a warm summer night with a cool dessert? The South Beach Diet puts an end to deprivation because it teaches you how to enjoy healthy and satisfying foods — including dessert! So you can satisfy your sweet tooth with this refreshing creation. Complement your meal with coffee at its best — a simply lovely baked custard of rich-tasting espresso.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The South Beach Diet Cookbook
- Makes 4 servings
- 1½ cups 1% milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp sugar substitute
- 2 tsp espresso powder or instant decaffeinated coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
- lemon twists, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar substitute, espresso powder or coffee, and vanilla extract until well-blended.
- Pour into four 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins and place in a 10-inch skillet.
- Fill the skillet with water to ½ inch from the tops of the custard cups.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cups from the skillet, cover with plastic wrap touching the surface of the pudding, and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until chilled.
- Garnish with the cinnamon and lemon twists.
Nutritional information Edit
- 110 Calories | 3.5 Total Fat (1.5g Sat) | 110mg Cholesterol | 13g Carbs | 0g Fiber | 6g Protein | 80mg Sodium