Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Source: Vegetarian Times, August 1993
- Serves 4 as a side dish.
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup couscous, whole-wheat, un-cooked
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 cup yogurt or 1 cup tofu, soft
- ½ tsp cumin, ground
- pinch ginger, ground
- ½ cup chickpeas, cooked, thoroughly rinsed if canned
- 1 large mango, peeled, diced
- ¼ cup raisins, golden
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh, minced
- ½ cup fruits, dried, assorted: pineapple, papaya, orange (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Stir in couscous, return to a boil, cover and turn off heat.
- Let sit (without lifting the lid) until the water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, stir together tahini and orange juice to make a smooth paste.
- Place yogurt or tofu in a large mixing bowl and whisk until light and smooth.
- Whisk in tahini mixture, cumin and ginger.
- Stir in chickpeas, mango and raisins.
- Fluff couscous with a fork to break up any lumps.
- Stir into mango mixture.
- Add cilantro and dried fruits if desired; stir until thoroughly blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled through, about 3 hours.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (lacto version):
- 246 calories | 10 g prot | 2 g fat | 47 g carb | 1 mg chol | 611 mg sod | 6 g fiber