Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Soak beans overnight.
- Drain, rinse, and cook in 3 cups fresh water over medium heat until tender (about 45 minutes).
- Drain and reserve cooking liquid.
- Bring ½ cup water to a boil and pour over the bulgur in a bowl.
- Let stand 30 minutes to soften the grain (water will be absorbed).
- Place 2 cups water in a soup pot and add the onions, carrot, celery squash and spices.
- Cook over low heat until the carrots are almost tender, then add the zucchini, peppers, mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the kidney beans, tomatoes and the reserved cooking liquid from the beans.
- Cook for about 30 minutes more or until the veggies are tender.
- Add the Bulgar to the pot at this point.
- Mix the tomato paste with water until smooth, then stir into the vegetable mixture.
- Season to taste.
- Add more water if necessary until the desired consistency is reached.