Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Marlboro Country Cookbook
- Serves 4 to 6
- 1½ lbs chopped beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped red and/or green bell pepper
- 2 to 4 tbsp finely chopped chili pepper
- 1 tbsp bacon fat
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- 2 to 3 tbsp Tex-Mex spice or chili powder
- Brown beef in a deep skillet or Dutch oven.
- Lift out beef.
- Cook and stir onion, garlic and peppers in skillet, adding bacon fat if needed until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Return meat to skillet.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, broth and Tex-Mex spice.
- Bring to a boil; cover and cook over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes.