Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pork Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 2 pounds boneless pork butt (shoulder), cubed and dusted with flour seasoned with black pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or vegetable oil
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 x 4 oz cans diced green chilis, drained
- 3 x 14½ oz cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- Heat fat in Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add pork cubes and brown evenly on all sides.
- Add onions and garlic to pan; cook and stir until onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring all to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer, cover and simmer until pork is very tender and liquid is slightly thickened.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked rice, if desired.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.