Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 8 whole anaheim chiles, charred, peeled and seeded
- ½ lb monterey jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- oil a 9 x 13 inch baking dish stuff each chile with cheese stick and place it in baking dish.
- Beat together the eggs, jalapeño, flour, salt and milk in a bowl; pour over chilies.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: to roast chilies, place in a preheated 450 °F oven on a cookie sheet, turning after 10 minutes, and continue roasting until skins blister and blacken in spots.
- Or, place on broiler pan and broil about 5 to 6 inches from the heat source, turning often, until skin is charred on all sides.
- Or, hold over gas burner, turning until all sides are charred.
- Place in a bag or covered bowl for about 10 minutes.
- Skin should peel right off.
Wear gloves when handling fresh chilies; the oils can cause a burning sensation on your skin.