Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Sanderson Estate in Bonham, Texas in 1984. Date and source unknown. I have made these several times and they are fabulous.
- 24 ounces canned whole green chilies, drained
- 1 pound Pepper Jack Cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove seeds from chile peppers (I don't because I like the seeds).
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Grease shallow baking dish and make 3 layers each of chile peppers and Cheese, starting with a layer of peppers.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, milk, flour, paprika, baking powder and salt.
- Beat with a fork until well mixed. Pour over layers in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.