Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Papad seasoned with chilies and spices
- 5 sheets pappadams
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 10 fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted cumin seeds
- 5 tablespoons mustard oil, for seasoning
- 1 cup oil (for deep frying)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for topping, including curry powder, garlic, ginger, chilies, tomatoes, Onion, cilantro, toasted cumin seeds, salt and mustard oil; toss well.
- On a deep frying pan, heat oil.
- Deep fry papad sheets, one at a time, until crispy.
- Do not over fry papads as they turn bitter in taste.
- Place fried papads on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Allow cooling for two minutes.
- Sprinkler three tablespoons of seasoned toppings on the fried papad.
- Serve immediately.