Papad seasoned with chilies and spices
- 5 sheets pappadams
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 10 fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted cumin seeds
- 5 tablespoons mustard oil, for seasoning
- 1 cup oil (for deep frying)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for topping, including curry powder, garlic, ginger, chilies, tomatoes, Onion, cilantro, toasted cumin seeds, salt and mustard oil; toss well.
- On a deep frying pan, heat oil.
- Deep fry papad sheets, one at a time, until crispy.
- Do not over fry papads as they turn bitter in taste.
- Place fried papads on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Allow cooling for two minutes.
- Sprinkler three tablespoons of seasoned toppings on the fried papad.
- Serve immediately.