A bold combination of authentic pork and lime is made with flour, honey, and chili powder, roasted to smooth perfection, and topped with the lime peel.
- 1 oven bag, large size (for oven use only)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 5 teaspoons grated lime peel, reserve 3 teaspoons for garnishing if desired
- 2 ½ pounds boneless top loin pork roast
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, optional
- Preheat an oven to 325° F.
- Shake flour in an oven bag; place in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine honey, chili powder, lime peel, and lime juice (optional).
- Pat the surface of pork dry. Spread half of the chili mixture evenly over the bottom of pork.
- Add pork to the oven bag; spread remaining chili mixture over the top of pork.
- Arrange sweet potatoes around pork in an even layer in a bag.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie, cut six ½-inch slits in top.
- Bake 1 to 1 ¼ hours, until a meat thermometer reads 160° F.
- Slice pork; spoon juices over pork before serving. Garnish with the remaining lime peel, if desired.